Sunday, September 27, 2009

Artists of the Rust Belt

I think I have recovered from the Grey to Green Festival and hope to begin posting to the blog again on a regular basis. The Grey to Green Festival was a wonderful event and the weather was perfect. Photos of the festival will be uploaded soon to the Grey to Green Festival website.

>

The Grey to Green Festival is only a memory now, and today was an opportunity to add to the cache of great memories for 2009. Today was the Artists of the Rust Belt FolkFest. When I woke up this morning, it was dark, gloomy and raining. My heart sank because I was afraid that the weather would keep people away from the festival. Wow! I couldn't have been more wrong. I went down to the B&O Station,the site of the festival, and quite literally couldn't find room to park. I love it when that happens, strange but true. To make the day even more glorious, the sun came out. For those of you not familiar with the B&O Station you can find more information here The Station sits near the scenic Mahoning River and there is a wonderful park like atmosphere.

There were over 45 artists vending their art. For further information you can go here

The musical entertainment was performed from the balcony above the entrance to the station. The music could be heard not only in the station but throughout the grounds.


Here is a clip of Brady's Leap. I apologize for my poor videography it is a bit shaky.



Here is Tom Breiding:



If you missed today's festival, you will have other opportunities. I have been told that there will be more Artist of the Rust Belt shows in the future. I'll make sure to keep you posted.

1 comment:

aptos said...

Thanks for your efforts/accomplishments Youngstown Moxie II citizens. I ask you to glance at http://oxtogrind.org/archive/336 ...in the hope that you will want to move in solidarity with us. We plan to create a watershed in history in 2010. That link will show you that Howard Zinn, among others, has given us his imprimatur. Please ask Staughton Lynd to contact us at tosca.2010@yahoo.com. All readers too