Friday, December 12, 2008

David Giffels - All the Way Home

David Giffels, author of the book All the Way Home Building a Family in A falling Down House,came to Youngstown in November to speak at Cedars as part of the YSU Youngstown Reader's Series. His book was also the November selection of the Oakland Book Club of which I am a member. I was hooked on this book from page one. This is probably the case because I have spent most of my adult life renovating different living spaces. However, I admit that I have never taken on anything as daunting as the task that David Giffels took on. I applaud those who have the will and determination to restore the beauty of old houses, and my hope is that more and more people will see the beauty in some of Youngstown's falling down houses and feel moved to take on the project of restoring them as David Giffels did in Akron.

For pictures detailing Giffels journey in home renovation check this video out.
All the Way HomeBuilding a Family in A falling Down House.

Watch CBS Videos Online

No comments: